curry and miso udon soup

Another great one from everybody likes sandwiches. I made a lot of changes, which will be in brackets, but I think part of the beauty of this recipe is that it's very flexible.

4 c water (plus extra to cook the noodles) [I used a whole carton of vegetable broth, plus another 4c water]
1 cube of vegan vegetarian broth [I skipped]
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 onion, diced [I used whole]
2 inch piece of ginger, grated
1 heaping t of curry paste (or powder) [I used a lot more; would probably cut back next time because it came out crazily spicy]
2 heaping T of miso paste
a couple drops of toasted sesame oil
1/2 t soy sauce [I used more]
1 large carrot, cut into matchsticks [I used sliced portabello mushrooms -- my first time ever cooking with mushrooms of any kind!]
1/2 red pepper, cut into matchsticks [I used whole]
1 small head of broccoli, cut into florets [I used two baby bok choi]
1/2 block of tofu, diced
1 t sriracha (if you dare)
2 packets of fresh udon noodles [more would have been better; I essentially doubled this recipe, I guess]

1. In a large pot, bring the water to a boil. Add in the onion, garlic and ginger. Whisk in the miso paste, curry, sesame oil and soy sauce. Add in the carrots, pepper and broccoli. Cover and reduce heat for 5 minutes.

2. While soup is cooking, boil water and add in the udon noodles. Boil for two minutes and drain. Add noodles and tofu to the soup. Add in the sriracha if you like it hot. Ladle into bowls and feel better about your day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dayton's Famous Pine Club Salad Dressing

Pesto Tortellini Salad

Apple Cranberry Stuffed Pork Roast Recipe