Black Bean and Salsa Soup

from: Annie's Eats

This took about 5 minutes to make and was delicious for lunch today. I just put everything in a pot and used the immersion blender right in the pot. I added a few more spices and a handful of caramelized onions I had sitting in the fridge. Just taste and adjust to your preferences. Below is the original recipe before I doctored it up a bit.

Ingredients:
2 cans black beans, drained and rinsed
1.5 c. vegetable broth (I used a small can, which is about 2 cups)
1 c. salsa
1 t. cumin
sour cream, green onion, shredded cheese for garnishing

Directions:
Combine beans, broth, salsa and cumin in a food processor. Blend until fairly smooth. Heat soup in a saucepan over medium heat until thoroughly heated. Put soup in bowls and garnish as desired.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dayton's Famous Pine Club Salad Dressing

Pesto Tortellini Salad

Apple Cranberry Stuffed Pork Roast Recipe