Monday, March 23, 2009

Party oyster crackers

I'm compulsively preparing snacks for the next two road trips -- Va Beach this coming weekend, Florida the weekend after that -- because I'd like to keep us out of gas station convenience stores along the way.

This morning I made these. I might have to buy some more oyster crackers if I keep eating them.


1 package oyster crackers (10-12 oz)
1 package ranch dressing mix (the powdered stuff)
1/2 tsp. lemon pepper (Gwen! Another use for the spice)
1/4-1/2 c. vegetable oil


Preheat oven to 250. Mix dressing mix, lemon pepper and vegetable oil in a large bowl. Add oyster crackers and toss to coat well.
Pour onto baking sheet and bake for 18-20 minutes. Transfer to paper towels to soak up all the excess vegetable oil. Store in airtight container.

3 comments:

Alissa said...

Did you use the oyster crackers that are the small flat discs, or the ones that are big super-ball sized break-your-teeth kind? Do you know what I'm talking about? I think they're both called oyster crackers. I could be wrong....

shannon said...

I used the small ones, that you put in your soup.
I don't know what the other ones are called. Are they oyster crackers, too?

Alissa said...

I think so. At least that's what we used to call them when I was a kid. Seems like we always had a box, and I would gnaw on them until they got small enough to bite. I think they were also called oyster crackers. Anyway, thanks for the info. :)