Apple cinnamon pork chops

My cousin Dana makes apple cinnamon pork chops and they always sound so good, and I have apples from picking with Gwen this weekend, so I asked for her recipe.
It uses canned apple pie filling. Which is fine and all, but doesn't make use of the beautiful apples I have in the house. So I made my own recipe.

4 pork loin chops
4 Tbsp. butter
6-7 apples, peeled, cored and thickly sliced
1/2 c. apple cider
1/2 c. brown sugar
1/2-1 tsp. nutmeg
2 tsp. cinnamon

In a skillet, melt butter. Add sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, let caramelize for about 2 minutes. Add apples stir to coat with butter and sugar mixture. Add apple cider. Cover with lid, simmer for about 15 minutes.
In a large pan, heat about 1/2 Tbsp. olive oil. Brown pork chops on both sides. Add apples, and simmer until apples are tender and pork chops are cooked through.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dayton's Famous Pine Club Salad Dressing

Pesto Tortellini Salad

Apple Cranberry Stuffed Pork Roast Recipe