Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Apple cinnamon pork chops

My cousin Dana makes apple cinnamon pork chops and they always sound so good, and I have apples from picking with Gwen this weekend, so I asked for her recipe.
It uses canned apple pie filling. Which is fine and all, but doesn't make use of the beautiful apples I have in the house. So I made my own recipe.

4 pork loin chops
4 Tbsp. butter
6-7 apples, peeled, cored and thickly sliced
1/2 c. apple cider
1/2 c. brown sugar
1/2-1 tsp. nutmeg
2 tsp. cinnamon

In a skillet, melt butter. Add sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, let caramelize for about 2 minutes. Add apples stir to coat with butter and sugar mixture. Add apple cider. Cover with lid, simmer for about 15 minutes.
In a large pan, heat about 1/2 Tbsp. olive oil. Brown pork chops on both sides. Add apples, and simmer until apples are tender and pork chops are cooked through.

No comments: