Apple Pear Cobbler

The former co-worker I got this recipe from labeled this a "breakfast cobbler" but I never seem to get my act together in time to put it in the slow cooker before I go to bed. And honestly, I've never seen any reason not to have this for dessert. Maybe with some vanilla ice cream.

3 apples
3 pears
1/3 c. brown sugar
1 Tbsp. flour
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
1/3 c. apple cider
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. apple pie spice
2 Tbsp. butter
3 c. granola

Spray slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray. Peel, core and slice the apples and pears into eighths. Put the prepared fruit into the crock pot.
In a jar with a tight fitting lid put the brown sugar, flour, lemon
juice, apple cider, and spices. Put the lid on the jar and shake the jar vigorously until there are no more lumps. Pour over fruit and stir to coat.
Dot the tops of apples and pears with 2 Tbsp. of butter. Spread the granola evenly over the fruit.
Cover, and cook on low 6-8 hours.
Turn off slow cooker, remove lid, and allow to cool 10 minutes before serving

Comments

gwen said…
This sounded so good that I was forced to put it in the slow cooker immediately tonight. I halved it, because we only had one sad pear and a few apples. It already smells amazing, and I think the "breakfast cobbler" thing is probably just a justification for eating it in the morning...
gwen said…
... and a quick note: Watch the temperature and burning potential on this one. I'm not sure if it's because I halved the recipe or if it's because my crockpot tends to run hot, but I woke up at 4:30 a.m. thinking something smelled like it was burning, and it was the fruit. Next time, I'd probably put this on high for four hours only.

Fortunately, it was only the edges that were charred and the rest of this was DELICIOUS -- it turned mediocre fruit and not-exciting granola into something very delicious with yogurt on top.

Popular posts from this blog

Dayton's Famous Pine Club Salad Dressing

Pesto Tortellini Salad

Apple Cranberry Stuffed Pork Roast Recipe