Crockpot Applesauce

This isn't much of a recipe, but I have made this two weekends in a row and it is delicious. Really simple and really good.

Cut up a bunch of apples (I used about 12-15). Put in crock pot. Pour in about a cup of water. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Sprinkle with 1-2 tsps of sugar. Add a few squeezes of lemon juice. Cook on high for 3 hours. It might look like nothing has happened, but when you stir it, the apples with suddenly break down and make a sauce.

This was really good for breakfast, with dinner, or as dessert. Last week I used a basket of apples that I picked up at a local farm (might have been Gala? I don't remember). This week I used a mix of Ida Reds, Mutsu and Golden Delicious.

Comments

Alissa said…
I peel and core my apples, but I suppose if you don't mind the peels you could leave them on. You don't sieve anything here, though, so whatever you put in it will stay in it.

Popular posts from this blog

Dayton's Famous Pine Club Salad Dressing

Pesto Tortellini Salad

Apple Cranberry Stuffed Pork Roast Recipe