Chicken Enchiladas Verdes

Comments

Alissa said…
Is it necessary to dip the tortillas in the salsa before filling them? That step seems a little weird to me, but I've never made enchiladas, so what do I know? Since you're covering the enchiladas with sauce at the end, it seems like that step could perhaps be eliminated. Do you think they would taste too bland without that quick dip in the sauce?
Unknown said…
Usually I dip my tortillas in the salsa (or enchilada sauce) to soften them before rolling them. It helps keep them pliable so you can roll them without the tortillas breaking. Also, tastes better. :)
Alissa said…
I see. Pliability. :) Thanks!
Anonymous said…
I totally agree with shannon - it's much more about functionality of the tortilla. :) Also on the pliability front, don't let them hang out too long in the oil or you will have corn chips on your hands. Not that I would know from first hand experience...accidental homemade corn chips ARE yummy...

Popular posts from this blog

Dayton's Famous Pine Club Salad Dressing

Pesto Tortellini Salad

Apple Cranberry Stuffed Pork Roast Recipe