Technique: Potato Ricer as Veggie Dryer

Ok, so this isn't a recipe, but a technique that I discovered last night while making zucchini bread. After reading Hef-K's comments about her zucchini bread taking forever to bake due to the high water content in the zucchini, and suggesting that folks dry their zucchini before using, I decided to find a solution to this problem. If you're like me and have closets and cabinets and drawers and basement shelves full of cooking gadgets and implements and widgets, you might have a potato ricer. After shredding the zucchini in the food processor, I loaded it into the ricer and squeezed most of the green juice right out. It took 10 seconds and worked incredibly well, leaving me with piles of "drained" zucchini shreds without staining a nice clean dish towel green. I think this will be a particularly good method for draining thawed frozen spinach, which always yields a ton of deep green water.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dayton's Famous Pine Club Salad Dressing

Pesto Tortellini Salad

Apple Cranberry Stuffed Pork Roast Recipe