Fragrant thai chicken and noodles

I thought this recipe was missing something, but I will go ahead and write it as I made it, because it was still good. Next time, however, I'd add some fish sauce (for salt) and some lime juice for a little bit of sour.
And, I left out all the chiles to accomodate Gaby and Katie, but added siracha (sp?) to my bowl. You could add some chiles while cooking or on top.

adapted from Jamie Oliver (have you guys been reading/watching about his Food Revolution? Interesting stuff, definitely fits in with my goal of wanting Gaby to eat better)

4 c. chicken stock (homemade if you've got it)
2 chicken breasts, sliced
2 large shallots, thinly sliced
1 large piece of galangal (Thai ginger) or ginger -- julienned
rice vermicelli noodles (a handful, I didn't measure)
spinach (again, didn't measure)
snow peas (again with the not measuring)
Thai basil, chiles, cilantro to serve on top

Put the stock, shallots and ginger or galangal in the pot, bring to boil. Add chicken, cook for 8 minutes or until chicken is almost cooked through.
Add noodles, cook another two or three minutes (according to package). Add spinach and snow peas and cook until spinach wilts.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dayton's Famous Pine Club Salad Dressing

Pesto Tortellini Salad

Apple Cranberry Stuffed Pork Roast Recipe