Brioche -- in the bread maker

You guys! I got a brand new bread maker for Christmas!
I am, in the words of Gaby, in bread paradise.

from "The Bread Lover's Bread Machine Cookbook" by Beth Hensperger

for a 1 /2 pound loaf

1/3 c. milk
2 large eggs
2 c. bread flour
2 Tbsp. sugar
2 tsp. gluten
3/4 tsp. salt
1 3/4 tsp. bread machine yeast
7 Tbsp. unsalted butter, cut into pieces

Place the ingredients, except the butter, in the pan according to the order in the manufacturer's instructions. (for mine it's wet, dry, then yeast)
Set crust on medium and program for the Basic cycle. Press start.
About 10 minutes into the second knead, open the lid while the machine is still running. Add a piece or two of butter at a time, until it is all incorporated. Close the lid.
When the baking cycle ends, open the lid and let sit for 15 minutes. Remove the loaf from the pan and cool to room temperature before slicing.

Comments

gwen said…
You're going to make me start wanting a breadmaker, aren't you. Wait, you already are...
Alissa said…
Gwen - I have one and never, ever use it. And it takes up a ton of space. You should try mine sometime and see what you think.
Unknown said…
You know, Gwen, you make really good bread from scratch -- which is something I suck at. I went ahead and accepted I'm no good at bread from scratch which is why I wanted the bread machine.
Not that I'm discouraging you. I love mine. Love it. And no more buying bread in the store, which is the best part (IMO) -- if bread is homemade, even in a bread machine , you can control the ingredients that much closer.
文章 said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Popular posts from this blog

Dayton's Famous Pine Club Salad Dressing

Pesto Tortellini Salad

Apple Cranberry Stuffed Pork Roast Recipe