Toffee brownies

These brownies are so simple it seems almost silly to post a recipe. That being said, they're so good I keep having to restrain myself from eating the entire pan. They make me want to make a lot more brownies. Maybe the ones Gwen used to make with the peppermints on top will be next.

from Paula Deen

1 (17.6-ounce) package brownie mix with walnuts
Vegetable oil cooking spray
3 (6-ounce) candy bars with almonds and toffee chips (I used three Heath bars instead. Next time I will use four)

Prepare the brownie mix according to package directions.
Line a 13 by 9-inch cake pan with aluminum foil and spray with vegetable oil cooking spray. Spoon in half of the brownie batter and smooth with a spatula or the back of a spoon. Place the candy bars side by side on top of the batter. Cover with the remaining batter.
Bake according to package directions. Let cool completely, then lift from the pan using the edges of the foil. This makes it easy to cut the brownies into squares.

Comments

Alissa said…
Do you just lay the whole candy bars in the batter, rather than breaking it up into pieces? When it cooks, does it melt into the brownies, or stay crunchy? These sound good. I love heath bars. My friend Heidi used to crumble heath bars and sprinkle them on top of regular brownies, but it sounds fun to actually hide them inside. :)
Unknown said…
Alissa --

I just laid the candy bars in the b atter. They sort of melted into the brownies, but there was a still a little crunch.
gwen said…
Funny -- I ate these at a Superbowl party this year too! The woman who made them used Symphony bars with toffee, so it was a bigger layer of chocolate and then the crunchy toffee. YUM.

Those peppermint patty brownies were probably the best thing I learned in college...

Popular posts from this blog

Dayton's Famous Pine Club Salad Dressing

Pesto Tortellini Salad

Apple Cranberry Stuffed Pork Roast Recipe