Lenten Vegetarian

(shout out to our resident all-the-time vegetarian, Kelly! whoot!)

It's Lent 2009 and in our house, that means husband is being a good sport about me wanting to be vegetarian for spiritual reasons. :)

I know I should post more recipes and fewer food related musings or polls on this blog. And I promise that I will look right here at the many wonderful veggie posts already on foodgoodness. I was actually wondering, though, if there are any favorite veg recipes that we shouldn't miss this time around or if there are any that have a special significance to folks.

I always look forward to cooking the CRS Operation Rice Bowl recipes during Lent because they come with a little profile of a person from the recipe's culture of origin.

The last two nights, we've had dinners featuring lovely, lovely farmer's market kale.
This way over poached eggs, Heidi style, and this way roasted in the oven with beans and tomatoes, Shannon style.

Happy Veggie and Happy Lent!

Comments

Kelly said…
Just on the blog, tho. I ate 2 strips of bacon the other day and they were tasty.
Alissa said…
I just emailed you a bunch of recipes that I have bookmarked to try in the future. We don't eat too many vegetarian meals around here (Todd thinks it's not a meal if it doesn't have meat), but I have some bookmarked for myself. Maybe you'll find something good among those! Do post any good veg recipes you discover. I like to make them for myself and bring for my lunches every day, since I know I'm having meat for dinner every night. :)
Kelly said…
I don't see any emails from you...?
Unknown said…
Don't forget your black beans and rice recipe. I just made a pan of that for lunches this week.
gwen said…
Ditto -- your gallo pinto recipe is what springs to mind as my favorite veggie recipe. That spinach tortellini soup from Isaac's that Kelly posted and Alissa and I made recently is also seriously wonderful, and filling enough for dinner.
Alissa said…
Sorry Kel, I meant that I emailed a bunch of recipes to Hefk. I will forward to you, too. My bad. ;)
Anonymous said…
you guys are great - thanks to all. It made me laugh that in response to my quesiton, the one veg among us confessed to eating bacon and two of you directed me toward "my" gallo pinto recipe.

we had sesame noodles with a mess of veggies and tofu tonight. I will try the tortellini soup and work in a pot of g.p. soon.

Kev is cooking Wed and Thu as I am not home two nights in a row for school functions, but we will have 101 cookbooks' bean burgers on Friday.

Popular posts from this blog

Dayton's Famous Pine Club Salad Dressing

Pesto Tortellini Salad

Apple Cranberry Stuffed Pork Roast Recipe