willie nelson's famous banana bread/cake/whatever

I am not sure about the Willie Nelson connection, but if it's good enough for Everybody Likes Sandwiches, it's good enough for me. I only deviated from our tried-and-true banana bread recipes because I didn't have any yogurt or milk and didn't want to use butter, but this is good too.

It's more like cake than the other recipes, and it's pretty sweet -- next time I will cut down on the sugar -- but I really like the crust on the top. And I did not cut down on the chocolate chips as suggested... I do not believe in cutting down on chocolate under any circumstances.

3 really ripe bananas, mashed
2 large eggs
1 1/2 c flour
1 1/4 c sugar
1 t baking soda
1 t vanilla
1 T cinnamon
1 c chocolate chips
1/4 c sugar mixed with cinnamon

1. Mix bananas with eggs and stir well. Add flour, sugar, soda, vanilla, and cinnamon and mix well. Add 3/4 c of the chocolate chips into the batter.

2. Pour batter into a buttered square cake pan. Sprinkle with the cinnamon-sugar mix and the remaining chocolate chips.

3. Bake at 375 for 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into cake comes out clean.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dayton's Famous Pine Club Salad Dressing

Pesto Tortellini Salad

Apple Cranberry Stuffed Pork Roast Recipe