Original recipe here.
Servings: 4 • Serving Size: 2 cups • Calories: 253 • Old Points: 5 pts • Points+: 7 pts
- 1.25 lb homemade turkey sausage meat [safe bet to say I will never ever ever make my own sausage meat; I used Wegman's roasted garlic chicken sausage]
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 bunch kale - rinsed, leaves removed from the ribs & rough chopped [I used 1.5 bunches, plus carrots and celery]
- 1 cup Cannellini or Northern beans - drained and rinsed
- 4 cups fat free chicken stock [I used veg]
- 2 cups water
- 1 small pinch dried red pepper flakes (optional)
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- [I also think cheese to sprinkle on the top is non-optional for this recipe]
[I then removed the sausage meat and sauteed the garlic with 2 freakishly large carrots and 2 large celery stalks, chopped into medium-sized pieces. You could also add onions, zucchini, whatever. Saute until veggies are tender-ish, about 6 or 7 minutes, and throw sausage back in.]
Add the water, stock, beans and red pepper flakes (if using) and stir thoroughly. Simmer on low for 10 minutes, covered.
Throw in kale and allow to simmer for another 10 minutes covered. Adjust salt and pepper to taste [and put on a T or two of grated cheese]. Divide into four bowls and serve hot.