Weight Watchers Mexican vegetable soup

This is another one of those zero point/one point soups. I'm not sure which it is, although I suppose I'll figure it out when I start actually counting points.
I just made this, and tasted it, and it's good. As written, it's mildly spicy, so add more or less for your tastes.

Adapted from the recipe of Veggie Venture, based on what I had in the fridge

8 cups vegetable broth (I used 8 cups water and Better Than Bouillon)
14 ounces canned diced tomato, Mexican-style preferred (I used Rotel)
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 small zucchini, diced
4-5 tomatillo, cubed
1/2 medium poblano chili pepper, chopped
1 medium jalapeño, membranes and seeds removed, minced (I used a pickled jalapeño)
1 medium red or yellow (Spanish) onion, chopped
1 green pepper, chopped
1/2 teaspoon cumin (I used more)
1 teaspoon fresh oregano (I used 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano)
2 roasted red peppers packed in water
1 tablespoon chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
1 bag baby spinach
Salt to taste
2 tablespoons lime juice (omitted, because I don't have)


Heat a large pot or Dutch oven on MEDIUM HIGH. Add the vegetables and spices (canned tomatoes through as oregano) as they're prepped. Add the broth when it's ready. Whiz the red peppers and chipotle pepper in a mini food processor and stir in. Cover and bring to a boil. Once at a boil, partly uncover the soup, reduce the heat to maintain a slow simmer and simmer for about 10 minutes. Add spinach. Cook until spinach is wilted. Salt to taste and add lime juice before serving.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dayton's Famous Pine Club Salad Dressing

Pesto Tortellini Salad

Apple Cranberry Stuffed Pork Roast Recipe