Crockpot Mexican Chicken

I made this for dinner tonight and it was a big hit. I drained the liquid from the corn first, and it was still rather liquid-y at the end, so I served it over rice. I also used more chicken. (I used 3 chicken breasts, but I think 4 would also be fine.) I put it under the broiler to melt the cheese, and it looked fantastic.

2 cans niblets corn (WITH JUICE!)
2 whole frozen b/s chicken breasts
1 packet taco seasoning
2 cans black beans-
1 jar chunky salsa
1 can diced tomatoes
chopped fresh cilantro to taste
1 cup grated, low fat, sharp cheddar

Lightly spray crock with non-stick cooking spray. Put corn in bottom of crockpot. Place chicken on top of corn. Sprinkle chicken with taco seasoning. Pour in Salsa. Pour in tomatoes. Pour beans over salsa. Cook on Low heat for 6-8 hours. Remove chicken pieces and dice. Return to crockpot and add cilantro. Before serving transfer to oven-proof serving dish and top with cheese. Put in oven to melt.
Makes 8 servings - (WW 4 points,or it's all Core)

Comments

Alissa said…
Also, I think this may have turned me into a crockpot convert. I can't believe how easy this was. :)
Unknown said…
So do you suggest draining the liquid from the corn, then? It does sound easy and tasty.
gwen said…
That sounds awesome -- I made taco dip for a party a couple months ago in the crockpot, and it was almost exactly the same, minus the chicken and plus avacado cut up and put on top after it was done cooking. YUM.
Alissa said…
um, yes. Even though the recipe is emphatic about WITH JUICE!, I would drain the juice. The final product was a little on the liquidy side, and I can't imagine that adding corn juice would help in any way. :)
Unknown said…
Plus corn juice sounds kind of icky.

Popular posts from this blog

Dayton's Famous Pine Club Salad Dressing

Pesto Tortellini Salad

Apple Cranberry Stuffed Pork Roast Recipe