Squash Casserole

This is originally from Shannon, but I've never written it out -- I figured I should put it here for safekeeping...

2 pounds yellow squash, sliced
1 small onion, chopped
1 small bell pepper, chopped
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon white pepper
1 1/2 pounds cheddar cheese
1 cup Italian bread crumbs

Preheat oven to 350.

Saute squash, onion, and pepper in a saute pan with olive oil until squash is soft. Add salt and white pepper. Put into a casserole dish.

Mix the cheese and 1/2 cup of bread crumbs into the casserole dish with the vegetables. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup of bread crumbs on top of casserole. Bake until golden brown.

Comments

Unknown said…
Yum. I'd forgotten about that one. I'm going to have to get some squash soon, I think.

Know what else is good for squash. Just take some summer squash and slice and boil with a sliced onion and some butter/margarine. When it's soft, drain off water, put back in pan and mash. Add cheddar cheese and stir until it's all gooey. Yum.

Popular posts from this blog

Dayton's Famous Pine Club Salad Dressing

Pesto Tortellini Salad

Apple Cranberry Stuffed Pork Roast Recipe